37 Cottage St., Belchertown, MA
Make your own cider!- $20
- 1 bushel of cider apples
- Wash area and disposable gloves
- Apple grinder and press
- Cider strainer
- 2 plastic jugs - 1 gallon 1 half gallon size
A half hour is allocated for the activity. Additional time, apples and jugs are available at cost.
- Select suitable apples - we reject apples with deep cuts or evidence of mold
- Personal cleanliness - use wash station and/or gloves at your discretion
- Supervision of children - some features have been added to make the grinder more safe but everyone should use care around the machine.
- Bottle carefully to avoid waste
- Optional pasteurization at home if your family is sensitive to raw cider